Preparing a survival kit for a long haul flight is essential to ensure your comfort and well-being during the journey. Here are some of the best items to include in your long haul flight survival kit:
- A neck pillow is an essential item for long haul flights. A neck pillow provides support for your head and neck, making it easier to sleep or rest during the flight. Choose a pillow made from comfortable and soft materials, and make sure it is easy to pack in your carry-on bag.
- An eye mask is another important item to help you get some rest during the flight. An eye mask blocks out light and helps create a relaxing environment, which is especially useful when the cabin lights are on or when other passengers are watching movies or reading.
- Noise-cancelling headphones or earplugs can help reduce noise and distractions during the flight. Noise-cancelling headphones work by actively cancelling out ambient noise, while earplugs are a cheaper and more portable alternative.
- A warm and comfortable blanket can help keep you cozy during the flight, especially if the cabin temperature is cold or fluctuates frequently. Look for a blanket that is lightweight and easy to pack in your carry-on bag.
- A pair of comfortable socks can help keep your feet warm and comfortable during the flight. Look for socks made from breathable materials and avoid tight or restrictive socks that can cause discomfort or swelling.
- A hydration kit is essential to help you stay hydrated during the flight. This kit can include a reusable water bottle, electrolyte tablets, and a moisturizing lotion or lip balm. Make sure to drink plenty of water during the flight to prevent dehydration, which can cause fatigue and headaches.
- Snacks and food can help keep your energy levels up during the flight. Pack a variety of healthy and filling snacks, such as nuts, fruit, or protein bars. If you have dietary restrictions or preferences, make sure to pack food that meets your needs.
- Entertainment is key to surviving a long haul flight. Bring a tablet or e-reader loaded with your favorite books, movies, or TV shows. If you prefer analog entertainment, bring a puzzle book or a deck of cards to keep yourself entertained.
- Ninthly, a travel-sized toiletry kit can help you freshen up during the flight. Pack essentials such as toothpaste, a toothbrush, facial wipes, and a small bottle of hand sanitizer. This kit can help you feel refreshed and ready to go upon arrival.
- Lastly, a change of clothes can be a lifesaver in case of unexpected delays or lost luggage. Pack a change of clothes in your carry-on bag, including a comfortable outfit and underwear.
In summary, a long haul flight survival kit should include essential items to help you stay comfortable, entertained, and hydrated during the flight. Choose items that are lightweight and easy to pack in your carry-on bag, and make sure to tailor your kit to meet your individual needs and preferences. By preparing a survival kit, you can make the most of your long haul flight and arrive at your destination feeling refreshed and ready to go.