Making the decision to visit Iceland will be an experience unlike any that you have had before. With 24 hours of daylight and 24 hours of darkness for 6 months of the year you’ll need to be sure what type of experience you would like to have in this incredible country.
Iceland offers an extremely interesting environment due to its geographic features. Encompassing volcanoes, hot springs, glaciers, waterfalls, black sand beaches and of course the incredibly beautiful Northern Lights, if you are keen to experience a different kind of holiday this year, Iceland is a fantastic choice!
Visiting Iceland will not come cheap however as with so many goods imported into the country, you will be paying a premium for a lot of experiences and food and drink during your holiday so be sure to do your research around affordability in advance.
Cost aside, Iceland is a beautiful country that offers a once in a lifetime unique experience and certainly one that you will never forget.
Map of Iceland
Places to visit in Iceland
With Iceland being a small country there are numerous towns dotted around the coastal areas however the main draw for tourists is into the vibrant capital city of Reykjavik. Offering a wide range of restaurants, bars and places of interest, staying in Reykjavik this year is a great hub from which to both enjoy your stay and explore the country from.
Where to stay – Inspiration
If you are unsure about where to head to in Iceland and are looking for a little inspiration, take a look at the latest deals from Booking.com.
Iceland travel guides
There are so many places to visit in Iceland both on the main tourist trail but also off the beaten track so make sure you pick up a good book or pocket travel guide to take with you and plan your holiday from.
Take a look at some of the best selling titles available for Iceland on Amazon here.
Latest Iceland posts
- Standing On Reynisfjara Beach’s Black Sand At Vik In Iceland
- A Natural Wonder Of Iceland – The Gullfoss Waterfall
- Hiking To The Sólheimajökull Glacier In Iceland
- Walking Between The North American And Eurasian Tectonic Plates At Thingvellir In Iceland
- Visiting The Sun Voyager Viking Boat Sculpture in Reykjavik
- What To Expect From A Northern Lights Trip In Iceland
- Enjoying A Stay At The Contemporary Skuggi Hotel In Reykjavik
- What To Expect On The Golden Circle Tour In Iceland
- Visiting The Landmark Hallgrímskirkja Church In Reykjavik
- The 10 Best Things To Do In Iceland